Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Song Description #9 - Bittersweet Goodbyes

I get more feedback from this song than any other song I have ever written. I think it's because it attacks a subject that is so familiar to many of us, and is often avoided in conversation. It's not really something people usually talk about openly because it's probably the most hurtful thing anyone can go through. Everyone can relate to it because almost every one of us have encountered divorce somewhere in their lives.

What can I say about this song? I love playing it because it's ultimate release. I played it about 100 times before I actually got up and played it live. 

In a marriage, some people say that each person should give an equal 50% so they can meet each other half way. Well that's total crap. If you're only going to give 50% you'd might as well forget it. Both must give 110%. ...Seek advice, give more than you take, give in the right ways, and don't ever stop.

- Matt