Thursday, November 19, 2009

Song Description #5 - Glorify

It's really a shame how money runs the world. ...And propaganda. Just because you read it or see it on TV, it doesn't make it right. And just because the government does it and tells you it's okay, it still doesn't make it right. Of course I'm sure you already knew that. I'm not the most politically aware person in the world, but I know the difference between right and wrong, and manipulation is wrong. If we all took the dollar signs out of our eyes, we'd see a lot more truths right in front of us. The sad thing is, we have to see the dollar signs in order to survive. So what to do? Find a middle ground I suppose.


If you haven't seen Michael Moore's newest film, "Capatalism: A Love Story," watch it. I wrote this song years before that movie came out, but the movie is exactly what this song is about. It's about greedy capitalistic bastards glorifying themselves with no real care for the lower class.


I write a lot of songs in "Drop D." For the non-guitarists, it's where you tune the lowest string of the guitar from the standard "E" down to a "D." It gives the guitar a little more range and a little more "kick." I play about half of the songs on "Bare Bones" in "Drop D," but this song was the first one where I fell in love with the tuning.