Thursday, October 15, 2009

Song Description #3 - Amnesiac

When life looks grim, do you cry, or do you just have to laugh? Sometimes all we can do is laugh in order to cope. After all, laughter IS the best medicine like they say. We can either be ignorant and not care about things, or we can do the opposite and worry until the cows come home. Either way, we play these games in our minds and try to find a balance.

Is ignorance really bliss? Would you rather be completely oblivious or deal with reality? I'd pick the latter. Overall, I believe it's easier to deal with things head on rather than run from them. Yeah, life's hard sometimes but we have to just suck it up and deal with it. I don't think we should take our lives for granted even when it throws you a curve ball and smacks you right in the face.

I reference the Beatles song, "A Day In The Life," in this one. It's quite possibly my favorite song by them. The Beatles have been a huge inspiration for me over the past 20 years.